Friday, September 4, 2009

PcTv4Me

Is this the future of how we'll consume our television product? This mailer for PcTv4Me just arrived in my in-box, offering 2,000 world wide TV channels direct to my PC for no monthly fee - just the cost of the software.

The blurb claims the product offers:
  • Hundreds of channels from around the world to watch. And new channels
  • are added every day
  • Hundreds of Radio stations to listen to anytime, all of the time. And new
  • stations are added daily
  • Available 24 hours per day right from your PC and laptop
  • All of the programming is uncensored
  • No additional hardware needed


South Africa is one of the countries the package claims to include. I wonder if SABC is factoring stuff like this into their revenue calculations. I mean, although this may be the future of consumption, I doubt they think it's "the right thing to do."

More info here